
Lately, I have been feeling extremely smothered - like I have dyspnea or something. It honestly seems as if I cannot breathe. A ball and chain almost. It's like there is never a sense of being alone. Most people are are afraid of that feeling but to me it's contentment. I'm sure it's only because they care about me, but I'm starting to feel beleaguered when I'm constantly asked where I am, who I am with, and what I am doing. I just want to be left alone to my own thoughts. To be in my own solitude. It's quite curt how many times I have I used the word "I" or "me" in this entry. 12, not counting the "I's" or "me's" I'm using after that statement. It's really selfish of me. I should be more altruistic to my friends, but right now it's only appropriate for me to be this way. I'm trusting that this seclusion will help me to appreciate those I love and care about more than I already do. I do not believe this will be a permanent disposition. Though I do presuppose this frame of mind will end more apace once I've been given the time and space I need. I found this drawing on the internet somewhere. The illustration depicts much of what I am feeling. The artist wrote in their own words, "Bird loves Robot so much, it keeps the Robot alive with its own natural energy. Robot loves Bird, too, because Robot couldn't exist without Bird's benevolence. But Robot also resents Bird, for keeping it dependent on Bird. This resentment creeps into their relationship, with Robot feeling smothered and confined by Bird's domineering love. Then Bird turns Robot off, wipes its artificial memory, and reboots Robot. They reunite, again in a state of pure love." I hope they'll understand..

No comments:
Post a Comment