
I really do dislike birthdays - I hate today possibly more than any other "holiday" there is. Ever since I was little, this day has never been pleasant to me. My mom would always work (the favorite parent of the two), and my dad never did care. All my friends would have these really cool parties and gifts and I never had any of that. It's not the fact that I wish I had those materialistic things, but the fact that it seemed like I wasn't wanted, liked, and loved. I remember when I was about seven, I came home from school thinking my mom was going to be home because it was my birthday. I ran inside the house, looking for her and all I found was this plain, little chocolate cake in a box. My mom was evidently at work. I scrummaged around to look for candles, lit them and put them on the cake, made a wish, and blew them out by myself. That was it. That was my seventh year birthday, and it didn't get any better from there. Honestly, every time when someone celebrates their birthday, and I have to be there - I'm crying inside. I'm so upset because it brings such dark memories to me. I think it's funny my mom doesn't get why I hate May19th so much.

Betty, we will do something great for your next birthday. I promise!
ReplyDelete